Thursday, September 18, 2014

Beginning civilian life...and a family!

In October of 1968 we became civilians!  We had been married for almost 2 and a half years, and it was time for us to spend time together.  We were looking forward to beginning a family!

After leaving the military we moved back to Kansas City, KS.  We moved into "The Little House," behind Dan's mom's house, off of 15th and Pacific.  It was small, but it had what we needed with a bedroom, living room, kitchen, and one bathroom.

Back in those days we had job security.  I was able to resume my job at Mobil Oil, and Dan went back to work at Southwestern Bell.

First came love...then came marriage...then came the baby in the baby carriage...

On November 25, 1969, I gave birth to our 8lb, 5 oz baby boy!  He looked just like his dad, so we named him Danny Leroy Gulley, Jr.  It's a good thing we named him a "Jr" because he was our one, and only boy!  I was grateful to have him, and chose to quit my job and become a stay-at-home mom, which I really enjoyed.

On January 9, 1972 we were blessed with Dana Ann, and then February 13, 1974, Kerry Lorene joined our family.  Being our last, we typically referred to her as "Baby Girl," and still do today!  I was the baby girl of my family, also.  Dan was next to last in his family.

And now, more than 48 years later...
Our children have blessed us with 15 grandchildren!  What a heritage!  
Sherry has two boys and a girl.  
Danny has two girls.  
Dana has two boys and a girl.  
Kerry has two girls and five boys.

Ginger ~ Loving wife to Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment